It seems like forever since we posted last. Sorry about that, it seems as we get closer and closer to our due date, our days get shorter and shorter. We have about six more weeks. We have a lot to post before we can get to our present everyday lives. We wanted to give you a little outline of what you can look forward to reading about on this blog.
After the schooling thing happened we became blessed with our third pregnancy, right before we moved back to our second home (after we finished helping out the family business). This is when we dove-in to learning all we could about being healthy. So our next topic will be about whole food vitamins, homeopathy, essential oils, herbal remedies etc. We’ll discuss some of the products we like best and still use today, like Rainbow Light, Body Balance, Young Living products, Traditional Medicinals, Garden of Life, Bach flowers etc. And some of the new products we use today, like Zrii, Xocai, Nordic Naturals, etc. (See other links at the right.)
This is a chronological list of our life lessons we would like to share on our blog:
- Homebirth: We had our third child at home, then the fourth, and then the fifth and now are planning for our sixth homebirth
- Colic: Don’t be fooled there is a reason for it.
- Soy: The very un-healthy “health food”
- Breastfeeding and La Leche League: Amy became a LLL Leader.
- No more “Well-Baby” visits: Our last trip to the pediatrician.
- Stuff, who needs so much: Living through a hurricane or two, or three.
- Raw Feeding: The natural pet diet.
- Chiropractic: Is it just for injury?
- Autism awareness: There are just too many kids on the spectrum, why?
- Respiratory distress: Sounds the same in infants as well as adults.
- Microwaves: don’t use them at all!
- Fluoride: a bi-product of the aluminum industry
- Real Milk and other raw foods
- Living with extended family: Welcoming parents to live with us.
- Neurological Chiropractic
- Fish oil supplements: Why so important?
- The grieving process is important: Things don’t get better until you do it.
- No sugar + no grains + no dairy =happiness
- We really do belong for a reason: Learning our own religion.
- Giving is only giving, when nothing is expected in return
- Naturopath, Homeopath, Chinese Medicine and other alternatives
- Quantum biofeedback: non-evasive testing
- Xocai: the healthy chocolate?
- Applied Kinesiology
- Mercury: how much can one really get in utero?
We also asked the kids yesterday to tell us what are the things that we do differently from their friends’ families. In addition to the weird way we eat and the things above this is what they came up with to discuss:
- No TV or videogames in our home
- No candy and how we handle holidays, especially Halloween
- Music always available
- No rewards, just expectation to do what is right
This is just a little preview of what is to come. There will most likely be other topics stuck into the list; as we re-live the events it is certain more of our life lessons will surface. If you have any questions or comments you are always welcome to email us at email@example.com. We are happy to answer any questions about past and future topics or if you come across a product and what to know our thoughts. Whatever, we are here to help in your journey to a more natural and healthy lifestyle.
We hope to compile an email list of those interested in a more in-depth knowledge of the topics we discuss. Please let us know what you want to know about! If you are interested in being added to the list, just shoot us an email.
Have a great day and we’ll try to get some writing in before #6 decides to join us. Remember to live the life you love and love the life you live!